Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

iTunes - import from file?

COW Forums : Apple iPod

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bob ColeiTunes - import from file?
by on Jul 28, 2007 at 3:01:49 pm

iTunes must be so simple a caveman can do it, because I can't find this discussed:

Importing files from a CD is automatic, but I'm having trouble importing files that are already on a hard drive. I'd ideally like to import files across a network, from an existing library on my PC. When I choose File/Import it allows only one at a time.

Is there a better way -- and, is this the right forum for this question?

Thanks!

-- Bob C

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bob Colemore info
by on Jul 28, 2007 at 3:26:11 pm

In case this matters:

My goal is to carry all of my audio library on an external hard drive, so that I can edit on my NLE (currently FCP) anywhere. As suggested in another forum, I plan to create a FCP project with all of this audio, save the FCP on the portable hard drive, and use the FCP bin structure to catalog, slice and dice, make notes about the music cuts and SD FX.

I like using iTunes to rip the audio CDs into AIFF format, as well as organizing them by artist/album.

-- Bob C

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

himanshu joshiRe: iTunes - import from file?
by on Dec 8, 2007 at 2:47:27 pm

hi. im not quite sure what you're talking about but if you're talking about going to file and then clicking import thats not going to work for a file that youhave on your computer. you can only import if you are trying to take songs from a CD. if you want to add a song that is already on your computer than you have to go to file and click 'add file to library' and then the songs that you have will pop up and you click on it and it should go to the library on your itunes. now if you want all the songs in your computer to automatically be put on itunes then you have to plug in your ipod and go to edit then down to preferences then to ipod and click on what you want to happen. hope this helps

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]