Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Music video going on TV, don't know how to deliver the file!

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Danny MulenMusic video going on TV, don't know how to deliver the file!
by on Sep 14, 2012 at 9:39:14 pm

Currently the master video is a 40GB Quicktime Animation MOV. I'm trying to figure out what codec/settings to pick as I compress it to deliver it to a TV network (specifically MTV in the USA). I'm blindly assuming H.264 (MP4, 1920x1080, 23.976fps, NTSC, Progressive, AAC audio, 1.1gb size) will work because I tried it on my TV and it looked fantastic, but not sure if it'll be the same by the time they air it, can anyone confirm?!

Any help is appreciated!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew RendellRe: Music video going on TV, don't know how to deliver the file!
by on Sep 15, 2012 at 1:03:20 pm

You really need to contact the channel.

Broadcasters have very specific requirements for the files to work with their servers.

A universal standard hasn't really been established yet, but MPEG2 MXF files in OP1a format seem to be the most usual at the moment, probably with video at 50Mbps or higher and audio uncompressed 48kHz, 16 or 24 bit.

You want to have as few transcodes as possible between origination and transmission and you definitely don't want to let the quality settings be any lower than those above at any point in the chain.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]