Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Panisonic HS400, DSK, and Black graphics

COW Forums : Broadcasting

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Greg DavisPanisonic HS400, DSK, and Black graphics
by on Feb 27, 2012 at 5:30:24 pm

I have created a lower thirds in motion five that contains black. When I Broadcast thru DSK on my switcher all of the black is keyed out and transparent. I am exporting from motion 5 and running the QT video thru (Software:On the Air Video Hardware: Mac Pro with Black Magic DeckLink HD Extreme 3D) and into my switcher (Panisonic HS400). It my be a setting in my switcher. When I create graphics in On the Air CG. It also keys out everthing black. Please let me know any suggestions you have.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chuck RetiRe: Panisonic HS400, DSK, and Black graphics
by on Feb 27, 2012 at 6:00:07 pm

A basic Luminance key will always key out black.
In the switcher's Menu area, you must select the proper DSK Key Type- Linear/EXT, not LUM/Self.
In order for black or other low luminance portions of your title to be properly keyed, your artwork or character generator must also have an Alpha or key "hole cutter".
Your HS400 manual's config section will direct you how to set up your DSK source and fill signals.
Alpha and fills also can be imported into the unit's Frame Memory and used as DSKs when the keyer config is set up for this.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Greg DavisRe: Panisonic HS400, DSK, and Black graphics
by on Feb 27, 2012 at 10:17:04 pm

Still not fully keying in the graphic. Please let me know of any suggestions.

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chuck RetiRe: Panisonic HS400, DSK, and Black graphics
by on Feb 28, 2012 at 9:41:21 pm

OK, I fail to see your issue. The hi-con alpha appears to be correctly cutting the key foreground-the blacks in the foreground artwork are opaque where the alpha is opaque.
If there is supposed to be more semi-transparent black trailing off to the right, your alpha has no corresponding semi transparent area. A linear key uses transparency in the alpha to control how much foreground is keyed through.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]