Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Sony Vegas 11 keeps crashing

COW Forums : Sony Vegas basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bill SmithSony Vegas 11 keeps crashing
by on Jul 10, 2013 at 10:17:38 pm

Complete newbie here. Recently installed Vegas 11 and it's crashed every time I've used it so far. I've noticed it freezes whenever a add a video effect to a clip, which I assume means my graphics card isn't up to par? I'm not sure what's required for Vegas, but I know I have and Intel HD Graphics 4000 card. Is that my issue?

In any case, I stumbled across this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2CbFdVVvbI and turned my GPU accelerated video processing off as it suggested, and so far I haven't had any freezes. Though that brings up some other questions:

First - what did this change of settings actually do?

Next - I've captured my film using an Elgato 720p res and I want to upload to youtube in full HD. Will I still be able to render videos in full HD settings with this option turned off?

Last - Does my graphics card affect/determine the quality of video I can render?

Thanks for any and all help! :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Phil PeacockRe: Sony Vegas 11 keeps crashing
by on Jul 11, 2013 at 9:29:23 am

Bill, from issues that others have had and from my own experience, if your video card (i.e. GPU) is not up to the speed of your processor then turning OFF your GPU is the ONLY way to go, as you have discovered.

And in answer to the rest of your questions, once you have your computer back under your control you can render at whatever resolution you want, including HD. The processor, and the GPU if it is used, simply determine the 'speed' at which your computer completes that render.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bill SmithRe: Sony Vegas 11 keeps crashing
by on Jul 11, 2013 at 3:10:14 pm

Thanks so much!! Now, I've think I've got a few more questions..

I doubled checked and turns out my clips were filmed at 1080 resolution, however I know that Youtube compresses everything down to 720 @ 30 fps. Should I render the video at 1080 or 720? And why is that so?

Also, my clips are in mp4 format, I think I remember reading somewhere that this format caused some rendering problems.. is there anything I need to be on the lookout for?

Apologies for the barrage of questions.. Just trying to learn everything I can! :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Phil PeacockRe: Sony Vegas 11 keeps crashing
by on Jul 13, 2013 at 9:54:27 am

Bill, when rendering for YouTube, always render at your highest resolution, i.e. your capture HD resolution. YouTube is very efficient at handling these formats and will keep your video footage at the highest res it can.
I am no expert but I have uploaded both MP4 and mts/mt2s without any issues and both look great.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]