Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

DVD Architect Studio Menu Behavior

COW Forums : Sony Vegas basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Morris O.DVD Architect Studio Menu Behavior
by on Dec 25, 2012 at 8:54:25 pm

Running DVD Architect Studio 5.0.
My project setting is "Music/Video Compilation" and it consists of 18 music videos as follows:

--------------------------------------
Menu-1
... 6 Chapter image+text buttons (1-6)
Menu-2
... 6 Chapter image+text buttons (7-12)
Menu-3
... 6 Chapter image+text buttons (13-18)
--------------------------------------

Where each chapter is one mpg video with audio.

QUESTION:
All of the navigation using the set-top DVD player's remote works perfectly except for one thing.

I'm in Menu-1. I initiate playback of Menu-1/Chapter-6. Playback automatically progresses from Menu-1/Chapter-6 into Menu-2/Chapter-7. If I press the "Title Menu" or "Top Menu" buttons on the remote, Menu-1 is displayed.

Is it possible to have Menu-2 display while playing Menu-2/Chapter-7 even though playback was initiated from Menu-1?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John RofranoRe: DVD Architect Studio Menu Behavior
by on Dec 26, 2012 at 12:37:57 pm

[Morris O.] "Is it possible to have Menu-2 display while playing Menu-2/Chapter-7 even though playback was initiated from Menu-1?"
No. The button returns you to the "previous" menu. It has no way of knowing that you have navigated to a clip that is associated with a different menu. The logic simply isn't there for that and since clips can be associated with any number of menus, how would it know which one you want to go to? It will always return to the last menu that you came from.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Morris O.Re: DVD Architect Studio Menu Behavior
by on Jan 1, 2013 at 7:45:06 pm

Thanks for your confirmation John,

Morris

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>