Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

lack of ram render problem - workflow suggestions? + strange render screen?

COW Forums : Sony Vegas basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Thoreau Bakkerlack of ram render problem - workflow suggestions? + strange render screen?
by on Oct 9, 2012 at 4:28:12 am

Hello Team Vegas!

I'm working on a system with plenty of hard drive space, a Pentium D processor and a mere 2 gigs of ram. (don't hate, relate!)

I've had great playback on my video slide show, but have the common 'system low on memory' error on trying to render it.

After substantial searching, I've read many solutions / suggestions and tried many of them to no avail.

I read an interesting thread on CC about someone having trouble with a certain file format, and removing that, but I am just using High res photos and a .wav

I'm 1.5 hours drive from my machine with 4 gigs (that rendered the last video with same content just great), and before making that trip, thought I'd do a quick check.

I'm trying to render it a 720P, and I've tried quite a few options from youtube videos,but haven't managed to render more than 2 seconds.

Any suggestions? Has anybody been able to render a 720P file from a Vegas with similar low specs like me (2G ram specifically)?

Also, does this export window look strange to you? I'm used to a much different screen and find this one a bit different..

Please don't laugh at my 2 gigs.. lol. Just tell me if it's possible :D

Thoreau

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John RofranoRe: lack of ram render problem - workflow suggestions? + strange render screen?
by on Oct 21, 2012 at 2:48:35 pm

[Thoreau Bakker] "I read an interesting thread on CC about someone having trouble with a certain file format, and removing that, but I am just using High res photos and a .wav "
How "high res" are your photos? This is what's taking up all of your memory. 720p is 1280x720. If your photos are larger than 1280x720 you might consider resizing then to 1280x720 and all should be fine.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Thoreau BakkerRe: lack of ram render problem - workflow suggestions? + strange render screen?
by on Oct 21, 2012 at 5:09:49 pm

Thanks for the good idea John

I eventually managed to get it done by saving the project file and rendering from a friend's machine, but your suggestion would have probably helped a lot.

The photos were about 5600 x 3700, so I guess I could have cut more than half away and still had room to pan / zoom without pixel problems.

I'm working on another vid for my friend next week on the same machine, so I'll def. try and resize the folder.

Thanks!

- t.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John RofranoRe: lack of ram render problem - workflow suggestions? + strange render screen?
by on Oct 21, 2012 at 6:38:42 pm

[Thoreau Bakker] "The photos were about 5600 x 3700, so I guess I could have cut more than half away and still had room to pan / zoom without pixel problems."
"More than half" is an understatement. ;-) More like 20 times smaller! You are expecting Vegas to take a 20 megapixel file and reduce it to less than 1 megapixel, 30x per second. That's a tall order. The size of your pictures is definitely the problem.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Thoreau BakkerRe: lack of ram render problem - workflow suggestions? + strange render screen?
by on Oct 23, 2012 at 11:27:54 am

A tall order indeed!

I missed this obvious mistake, because I was focused on the fact that it was a still frame, thinkin 'this should be easy'..

Thanks again for pointing it out.. Smooth sailing now.

-t.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]