Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

MSHD11: simple Timeline navigation (4 noob)

COW Forums : Sony Vegas basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Eric ChardMSHD11: simple Timeline navigation (4 noob)
by on Jul 19, 2012 at 8:09:24 pm

Compared to moving around in, say, After Effects, navigation in the Vegas MSHD11 timeline feels very clumsy.

Are there hotkeys or sticky keys I'm missing? For instance, IIRC, in Premiere you (once upon a time)could traverse the timeline by holding down the SPACE bar, just like you can drag the window around in Photoshop by holding down the SPACE bar.

Is there an equivalent in VMSHD11? I'm looking at the "Keyboard Shortcuts" table and nothing's jumping out at me.

Hotkeys for zoom in/out would be good too.

Thanks.

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: MSHD11: simple Timeline navigation (4 noob)
by on Jul 19, 2012 at 11:21:55 pm

To move around on the timeline, click on the desired location or use the JKL jeys (reverse - pause - forward). The more you press them, the faster you'll go. Hint" go Options - prefs - Editing and change the JKL shuttel speed to Fast (it defaults to medium).

To zoom in or out, I use the wheel on my mouse.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Eric ChardRe: MSHD11: simple Timeline navigation (4 noob)
by on Jul 20, 2012 at 12:41:34 am

How about simple left/right movement? I find scroll bars to be clumsy-- a sticky-key would be great.

Also, anything like a Premiere style navigator that gives a good macro view to the edit?

Thanks for your help, the wheel tip is great.

++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: MSHD11: simple Timeline navigation (4 noob)
by on Jul 20, 2012 at 12:37:56 pm

"How about simple left/right movement?"

If you don't want to click on the desired location and the JKL keys don;t do it for you, try the numeric 7 and 9 keys and they move forwards or backwards to the beginning/end of the next/previous event.

"Also, anything like a Premiere style navigator that gives a good macro view to the edit?"

I've never used Premiere so I have no idea what you mean.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Eric ChardRe: MSHD11: simple Timeline navigation (4 noob)
by on Jul 26, 2012 at 1:06:27 am

The Premiere navigator is pretty much like the Photoshop Navigator, but the timeline is the bitmap. You get a very very "over" overview of the entire timeline.

Zipping from one end to the other is a snap, and surprisingly precise n the middle.

++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]