Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Reorganizing Markers

COW Forums : Sony Vegas basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Fernando QuinonesReorganizing Markers
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 5:16:33 am

I am using Sony Vegas Pro 10.0 in a windows xp platform. I made a video with 12 markers (chapters) and burned it with DVD Architect 5.0 and it works great. Now I decided to polish the video a bit and end up adding some stuff to the beginning. So now what used to be marker 1 (at old location 00:00:00;00) should be marker 2 (new location 00:00:47;17) and I was hopping Sony Vegas will automatically reorganize the marker numbers. That is not so, when I added a marker before the old marker number 1 instead or organizing them all it numbered that marker 13. I have not being able to find a way to have Sony Vegas reorganize those chapters in logical order... How can I do that or do I have to move the old marker one back to the 00:00:00;00 location and then just rename the text for the chapters?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: Reorganizing Markers
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 10:25:32 am

You don't need to do anything.
DVDA doesn't care about the marker number, only that they exist as it follows the timeline marker order, not the number.

If you really want to renumber them (strictly for your own peace of mind), here's how to do that.

1. Open the Edit Details view (Alt-6, or go to the View menu).

2. Select "Show: Markers".

3. Click on the blank space that is at the intersection of the row and column headings in the upper left corner of the Edit Details window, just under the word "Show:". This will select everything.

4. Press Ctrl-X to Cut everything. Immediately press Ctrl-V to paste everything back.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Fernando QuinonesRe: Reorganizing Markers
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 2:37:47 pm

That simple of a fix... I figure it was something simple... Thank you very much for your help Mr Kujbida!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: Reorganizing Markers
by on Jul 12, 2012 at 2:48:01 pm

Fernando, I'm glad I could help.
p.s. it's Mike, not Mr. (makes me feel older than I already am!!)
Happy editing.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]