Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Vegas Movie Studio Slideshow Generator Can't Save?

COW Forums : Sony Vegas basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Rick KowalskiVegas Movie Studio Slideshow Generator Can't Save?
by on May 4, 2012 at 3:16:36 am

Do you happen to know if I can save a slideshow in the process of creation? I'm adding lots of photos & I like moving them around in the slideshow creator before I "Create" the slideshow, adding it to the timeline. I added photos to the slideshow generator, moved a few around to the right place and then selected Save Project. I exited Vegas, loaded it back up and the slideshow generator was empty of all the photos I added. That means I would need to do all slideshow manipulation in one sitting. Not being able to save this effort in progress would be a major pitfall. Am I missing something?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: Vegas Movie Studio Slideshow Generator Can't Save?
by on May 4, 2012 at 12:40:42 pm

I've never heard of that happening.

Do yourself a favour and make a master folder with all your assets in separate folders (i.e. a folder called SlideShow with sub-folders such as Pictures, Music, Graphics, ProjectFiles, etc.)
When you first start your project, immediately save it (Save As) in the ProjectFiles folder.
What I do is save incrementally. That is, make a few changes, save it under a new name (i.e. SlideShow-01). Make a few more changes, save it as SlideShow-02, etc.
This way, if you do have a problem, loading an older version means that you won't lose too much work.

p.s. Ideally you have all your work on a separate drive and not on drive C.
My computer has 3 drives, drive C for all programs only, drive D for works in progress and drive E for edited programs.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rick KowalskiRe: Vegas Movie Studio Slideshow Generator Can't Save?
by on May 4, 2012 at 11:36:00 pm

A slideshow on the timeline saves just like any other video project. What you can't save is any active work in the slideshow creator. Try this;
Insert --- Slideshow
Add a few photos in the slideshow creator.
Project --- Save As
Exit Vegas Studio & then load it again.
Open your project & Insert --- Slideshow.
All your changes are gone.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: Vegas Movie Studio Slideshow Generator Can't Save?
by on May 5, 2012 at 1:46:21 am

Now I understand.
I use Vegas Pro and Slideshow Generator is specific to your software.
I wish I could be of more help.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]