Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

"Rating" column: meaning?

COW Forums : Sony Vegas basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Eric Chard"Rating" column: meaning?
by on Mar 9, 2012 at 12:25:25 am

Another mystery field in the Project Media window: what is the "Rating" field? How can it be edited to actually be functional?

(nothing in the help files)

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John RofranoRe: "Rating" column: meaning?
by on Mar 10, 2012 at 3:30:01 pm

[Eric Chard] "Another mystery field in the Project Media window: what is the "Rating" field? How can it be edited to actually be functional?"
I'm guessing that this is all part of Sony's "broken" implementation of tape capture. There is a Rating and Comment field on the HDV capture tool but this never gets carried over to the media in the Project Media. With today's tapeless workflow all the rage, I doubt if it will ever get fixed.

There is also a Rating field in the Media Manager and that doesn't get carried over to the Project Media window either. :(

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Eric ChardRe: "Rating" column: meaning?
by on Mar 10, 2012 at 7:50:55 pm

Ahhh well, more room in the PM window. Thanks for the clarification. (it'd be nice if mentioned in the dox, but nooooooooooooo..... )

I find the COMMENT field to be VERY useful indeed in the context of logging media -- indispensable really, if I'm going to be as paperless as possible.

Logging and searching seems to be a rather neglected aspect of SVMS11P. A semi-separate logging facility would be welcome, and the ability to search comments and assign tags to media would be a good addition.

Looking at the fields available as Columns in the PM window, there's a heavy engineer-centric, versus EDITOR-centric, feel to what is available. TAGS would be especially good.

Or so it seems to this noob.

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]