Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Download one chapter at a time

COW Forums : Sony Vegas basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
doyal gudgelDownload one chapter at a time
by on Jan 4, 2012 at 4:05:32 am

Anyone know why Vegas will only download one chapter at a time? In another instance it would download one then another if requested. tonight only one would download. I am trying to import a dvd camcorder disc. I want to break it up into chapters as vegas does. I could download by copy and paste with Windows of course. I don't want to do it that way if possible. The disc is an hour and 5 minutes chapters is best

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

doyal gudgelRe: Download one chapter at a time
by on Jan 4, 2012 at 4:20:31 am

Hold the fort. My error. Looks like there is only one there. the rest of the question still applies. I was ok once.

Hope to see you
http://seniorobserver.blogspot.com, http://billswar2.blogspot.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: Download one chapter at a time
by on Jan 4, 2012 at 12:22:02 pm

File - Import - DVD Camcorder Disc
Follow the prompts.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 4, 2012 at 6:33:08 pm

The problem seems to be more complicated. I have run into a batch of Taiyo disks that are bad at the end. Sony will think it is writing to the disk but when it comes to Vegas downloading and reading the disks it gets to the end and just stays there going in circles. You manually have to stop the read. Apparently Vegas breaks the download into chapters after the download but because Vegas did not complete the download what you have at the destination is a video_ts file. That video may or may not be in chapters. Yes if downloaded properly but no if not. But loaded into project media it will be in chapters if vegas does it at the download. Taiyo Uyden lately has been bad at the end and I can work around that defect by not copying to the end of the disk. As defects can occur anywhere that only works in this instance. That is the way I understand it so am waiting for correction. This last batch of Taiyo were real bad. I thought I'd try a hundred sony but took them back after the first two I tried. Supermedia store was willing to give me 10 bucks back but I would have to send all hundred back. Besides shipping would be close to that. So much for promises.
Have a nice day.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 5, 2012 at 7:25:48 pm

doyal, I swear that I spend 1/2 my time trying to decipher what you mean in your posts before I respond because you use different terms than the rest of us :)
You download files from the net, you import files into Vegas.

I've been using Taiyo Yuden (now JVC) blank media for several years, have burned more than a few thousand DVDs and have never had any problems whatsoever with the brand.
That's not to say that you didn't get a defective or worse, counterfeit batch as it has been known to happen.
The only other brand I recommend is Verbatim.

Do these problem DVDs play normally in your DVD player (that is, without problems)?
If they do, then the discs are OK and your import method needs to be changed.

Here's another way of doing it that will hopefully work for you.
Before doing this, you have to copy the VIDEO_TS folder and all its contents from your DVD onto your hard drive (the desktop is OK).
Vegas allows you to open up a DVD .IFO file. This imports the entire .VOB chain for both video and audio tracks.
Click File > Open, then navigate to your VIDEO_TS sub directory and enter *.IFO in the File name input field.
For a regular DVD you will see a VIDEO_TS.IFO, and a VTS_01_0.IFO. Select the VTS_01_0.IFO file and click on Open.
Don't try this on a DVD disk because Vegas will try to build an .sfk file containing audio peaks in the VIDEO_TS directory.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 5, 2012 at 8:36:03 pm

I am sincerely happy for your good luck with taiyo Yuden. In the past I have had good luck except for an occasional bad one. So good in fact I didn't feel necessary to do a fast forward to check it out. But this 100 have given me a bad time. The one we are referring to I learned was bad only because it would not import (OK?)Bad in the last couple minutes. If I had not used up the entire disk and I mean 1:02:52 in the HQ mode I would never have know about the defect. If you use only half the disk you might miss a lot of defects. In this batch there were problems at the start middle and at last at the last of the DVD. But I am still buying Taiyo Yuden as I do not know who makes Verbatim although I could get them locally I think. I'll check out the local Office depot to see if they have any in stock. But if they are made by Ritek no way. BTW did Office Depot really stick it to Christmas buyers of disks? It jacked up the price of disks unbelievably. TDK had a hundred for 52.50 and every time I have checked TDK it was made by Ritek with the same process. I haven't recently checked so that could be in error.

Vegas will not import video unless it finishes the download. Thanks for the info on how to import a video_ts file as I have a bunch to look at and I needed that. You took a lot of time and I appreciate it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 6, 2012 at 5:40:49 pm

Verbatim makes Verbatim and I can buy them locally at Staples, Best Buy, Future Shop and other big box stores.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 6, 2012 at 7:44:44 pm

Do you consider Verbatim as good as Taiyo Yuden? It would easier to go with verbatim. I found that dealing with online people has it's problems when you need service.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 7, 2012 at 2:10:49 pm

Yes, I rank Verbatim #2 right after Taiyo Yuden.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]