Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

No option for capturing HDV in 30p

COW Forums : Sony Vegas basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Doug KereszturiNo option for capturing HDV in 30p
by on Nov 27, 2011 at 5:30:20 pm

Hello all,

I shot a wedding last night using the canon XHA1. I shot it in 30p, as opposed to 60i. When I went to capture the video in sony 8, it did not give me the option to capture in 1440 x 1080 30p. So I chose 60i. What problems will I run into if any and should I do anything moving forward with this project? Thanks

Doug

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John RofranoRe: No option for capturing HDV in 30p
by on Nov 27, 2011 at 7:37:52 pm

[Doug Kereszturi] "When I went to capture the video in sony 8, it did not give me the option to capture in 1440 x 1080 30p. So I chose 60i. What problems will I run into if any and should I do anything moving forward with this project?"
None. HDV does not support 30p which is why Vegas can't capture at 30p. What the Canon (and Sony) HDV cameras do is recording the 30p into a 60i stream which is all HDV supports so you really do have a 60i stream.

There will be no ill effects. Your camera probably recorded the exact same image to both fields of the 60i stream so you really did get a 30p temporal capture. It should look fine and you should be able to set your project to 30p and have it look as you originally intended (without interlacing).

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]