Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Sony Vegas 9 Pro Green Screen/ Masking

COW Forums : Sony Vegas basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Scott SextonSony Vegas 9 Pro Green Screen/ Masking
by on Jan 24, 2011 at 3:55:13 am

Here is what I am dealing with. I have a video with me on a green screen, and I have another video of an ostrich (I know this sounds lame just wantin to try something) and what i'm trying to do is, put a mask over the ostrich's head so when my hand goes up behind it I give it bunny rabbit ears. I know how to mask and have masked it perfectly but it either just cuts the birds head out...or leaves the head there and removes everything else. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Danny HaysRe: Sony Vegas 9 Pro Green Screen/ Masking
by on Jan 24, 2011 at 7:55:01 pm

If your track is on top, you need to mask the part of your hand to dissapear, not the ostrich.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Scott SextonRe: Sony Vegas 9 Pro Green Screen/ Masking
by on Jan 25, 2011 at 2:06:00 am

Thanks for the answer, yes I got that to work but it's really sketchy, because I cant see the ostrich at all and its hard to guess. Is there any way I can do it to make it a lot easier. I'm by no means a pro and appreciate your answer. But is there a way I can make the ostrich show up in the preview where I am at and lower the opacity, or something like that?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Danny HaysRe: Sony Vegas 9 Pro Green Screen/ Masking
by on Jan 26, 2011 at 2:48:47 am

Yes. Just lower the opacity fader on that trck and you can see through it to make your mask better. The fader is on the left in the tracks header.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]