Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Can Vegas 6 handle two-camera dissolves?

COW Forums : Sony Vegas basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Carol WrightCan Vegas 6 handle two-camera dissolves?
by on Jan 15, 2009 at 2:38:51 am

Thinking of getting Vegas, perhaps 6 to start with. What I need is video editing program that will handle multiple cameras. For instance, I have two camcorder MiniDVs of the same concert, one always on for the longshot, while I filmed closeups and various pans. Want to be able to align the clips (probably through looking at audio waveform) and then DISSOLVE between the two video lines without shortening the video in relation to the ongoing audio...There is a sep audio track recorded through the sound board. If 6 won't do it, will 7 or 8 do it?

And what are the necessary specs for computer? At this point, don't see doing HD, but might move into it later as budget allows. Limited to the 3.5-5 gigs on a 32-bit Windows system. I have already used Movie Maker 2 and iMovie 06, where I discovered that one cannot dissolve between video clips and hope to keep the audio/video aligned.

Thanks, Carol

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Edward TroxelRe: Can Vegas 6 handle two-camera dissolves?
by on Jan 15, 2009 at 2:09:53 pm

Take a look at Vol 1 #9 of my newsletters for multiple ways of doing multi-cam edits.

Edward Troxel
JETDV Scripts

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Carol WrightRe: Can Vegas 6 handle two-camera dissolves?
by on Jan 15, 2009 at 6:55:22 pm

Thanks, that's a great article, and look forward to reading more of your articles in the archive. In poking around, before I got your response, I found a free plugin by Vasst called Doubletake.
http://www.vasst.com
Look forward to working in Vegas and upping my editing skills.
Carol

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]