Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Burning BluRay with Vegas & DVD Architect

COW Forums : Sony Vegas basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Janis BridgesBurning BluRay with Vegas & DVD Architect
by on Apr 8, 2008 at 6:12:18 am

I seem to be able to create a high def video with Vegas Pro. It comes out as an M2T file.
However, when I import that file into DVD Architect and preview it all I see is black.

I have a Sony BluRay burner and would really like for Sony DVD Architect to be able to burn the hi-def file created by Sony Vegas to the Sony BluRay burner.

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks
Janis

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Terry EsslingerRe: Burning BluRay with Vegas & DVD Architect
by on Apr 8, 2008 at 6:53:02 pm

You can't at this time. At least not in DVDA.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Edward TroxelRe: Burning BluRay with Vegas & DVD Architect
by on Apr 8, 2008 at 9:32:36 pm

DVD Architect does not burn Blu-ray discs. However, you can burn a Blu-ray disc (without a menu) direct from the Vegas Pro 8 timeline.

Edward Troxel
JETDV Scripts

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Janis BridgesRe: Burning BluRay with Vegas & DVD Architect
by on Apr 9, 2008 at 4:04:50 am

Thanks Ed, I think I see how that works.
It does raise a couple of other questions:

1. Will there be a time when DVDA is capable of importing an m2t file successfully?

2. What other software is available at this time that can build a BluRay image with menues, etc?

Thanks so much
Janis

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Edward TroxelRe: Burning BluRay with Vegas & DVD Architect
by on Apr 9, 2008 at 2:07:51 pm

[Janis Bridges] "1. Will there be a time when DVDA is capable of importing an m2t file successfully?"

I believe it *SHOULD* be able to import one now - but it would have to convert it down to SD to create the DVD.

[Janis Bridges] "2. What other software is available at this time that can build a BluRay image with menues, etc?"

I don't follow the other products much. I'm not sure which ones might be capable of this.

Edward Troxel
JETDV Scripts

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Danny HaysRe: Burning BluRay with Vegas & DVD Architect
by on Apr 10, 2008 at 3:10:48 am

Yes DVD arc. is a standard DVD auth software. Look for some Blue Ray authorizing software if you want menues.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

doyal gudgelRe: Burning BluRay with Vegas & DVD Architect
by on Jun 13, 2010 at 10:48:20 pm

I am wrapping up a couple years of getting my pictures, film and Tape onto DVD computer and so on. . Now that BD is available I am wondering not only is it worth the effort but how much better can I expect to make by say making my old film and tape reproduced on BD. I am pretty sure it would not be worth the effort to actually try to make the old film on BD because some of it is 40 to 80 years old now. But quite a few years ago I converted the film to videotape. I then put that tape on DVD. That was part of my project to get all this on DVD. Film, tape, and still pictures. I could put that tape on BD but how much improvement would I get. On the other hand what is the best procedure to get the best BD quality? I could re-do some of this if the results would be worth it. Have a nice day

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]