Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Tutorial: Premiere Pro CS6 Techniques: 52 Color SIX: Output Levels

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Andrew DevisTutorial: Premiere Pro CS6 Techniques: 52 Color SIX: Output Levels
by on Jun 20, 2012 at 7:06:01 pm

Adobe Premiere Pro basics
Premiere Pro CS6 Techniques: 52 Color SIX: Output LevelsPremiere Pro CS6 Techniques: 52 Color SIX: Output Levels

In this tutorial, Andrew Devis explains the level sliders in the 'Fast Color Corrector,' which help us to set up the contrast of a shot as well as change the brightness of a shot. This way of dealing with brightness and contrast is significantly better than using the 'Brightness & Contrast,' effect which tends to crush your luminance ranges and so degrade your shot. Andrew explains both the input and output sliders and show what a difference they can make to a poorly lit shot.

Tutorial, Video Tutorial   06/20/2012
Author: Andrew Devis

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Swati PopatRe: Tutorial: Premiere Pro CS6 Techniques: 52 Color SIX: Output Levels
by on Jul 11, 2012 at 8:27:39 am

Photoshop - Blur gallery
Napp Instructor Pete Collins goes over the brand new features of Photoshop CS6 - the blur gallery. From selectively blurring an area to creating tilt-shift effects, these tools will be a great creative tool for photographers.
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-photoshop-cs6/blur-gallery/

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

James BrownRe: Premiere Pro CS6 Techniques: 52 Color SIX: Output Levels
by on Mar 22, 2013 at 6:22:45 pm

Hi Andrew, I watched a few of you videos trying to work out how to Output legally scaled video for TV. I am still confused as I am working in completely file based digital media, but am outputting to Rec709 for TV and BluRay. On one video you selected the Setup tick box but them manually tok your black levels to 7.5 which seemed to me to be doubling up on the process. But is it the opposite where unticking the setup box gives you values of one to 100 with broadcast safe. Ideally i want something that clips at Broadcast Safe but shows me when it's clipping. Is there a setting best for that?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew Devis@James Brown
by on Mar 23, 2013 at 12:34:58 pm

Hi James

Probably the best approach to be certain and to see what you have clipped would be to use the Broadcast colours effect in the color correction section of the effects and then open you reference monitor and perhaps choose YC waveform and turn the effect on and off to see what changes have been made. Try that and see how you get on. At least you will know that the end result is broadcast safe.

All the best
Andrew

... because it's all about stories ...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]