Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Making (sub)titles like in Vegas

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Marvin BekMaking (sub)titles like in Vegas
by on Mar 30, 2012 at 6:48:34 pm

Okay, so i started out with Premiere and i didn't like the way you made on-screen text (titles). I then switched to Vegas and i like that way. However, i still prefer Premiere because of its similarity to After Effects. If there's any way to bring the titling method from Vegas (or the captioning method from Camtasia which i really like) into Premiere it would be good. And i'm talking about on-screen text. Not subtitles for DVDs and stuff. It's for YouTube :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff GreenbergRe: Making (sub)titles like in Vegas
by on Mar 30, 2012 at 7:20:53 pm

What if you generated the titles as stills with alpha channels in vegas and imported into Premiere Pro?

Best,

Jeff I. Greenberg
Editor/Author/Speaker/Consulting
My NAB seminar schedule, contact info and more

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Marvin BekRe: Making (sub)titles like in Vegas
by on Mar 30, 2012 at 8:35:06 pm

The whole point of not using the title editor is because it's too tedious. I'd like just dragging something in and it pops up with position set to 640, 460 and centered or something... and it saying Sample Text or something.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff GreenbergRe: Making (sub)titles like in Vegas
by on Mar 30, 2012 at 8:45:55 pm

You could build one the way you like it and copy/paste right? No, there's no way around Premiere Pro's titler...but they do have templates as well (meaning you could get the look/etc you wanted.)

Haven't looked @ Vegas in years...

Best,

Jeff I. Greenberg
Editor/Author/Speaker/Consulting
My NAB seminar schedule, contact info and more

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy