Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

"re-link" dynamic linked compositions

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
David Tannenbaum"re-link" dynamic linked compositions
by on Jan 11, 2012 at 12:51:16 am

Using Adobe Dynamic Link, I have imported some After Effects compositions. As I have moved/organized files (either in the finder or within the After Effects file itself) , the "links" get broken and I can't figure out how to "re-link" those Dynamically Linked compositions.

Also, If have done incremental version to the After Effects file, I can't figure out how to replace comp that is dynamically linked with an updated comp that has a different file name. e.g.replace comp "CEO_LT" in "lower_thirds v1.aep" with "CEO_LT " in "lower_thirds v2.aep"

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd PerchertRe: "re-link" dynamic linked compositions
by on Jan 11, 2012 at 3:01:46 pm

In your bin, right-click the AE comp you want to re-link, then select Link Media from the drop down.

To replace a clip on your timeline with a newer version, import the newer version, then Option-Drag over the clip on your sequence and release to replace it.
TC

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David CabestanyRe: "re-link" dynamic linked compositions
by on Sep 6, 2012 at 11:02:04 pm

@ Todd, when you have AE comps dynamically linked the Link Media option is grayed out.
So... anyone knows how to do this? My original project crashed and I kept working on the auto saved version, which has a name mismatch.

Best,
D.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]