Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Premiere's handling of Render Files

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Gates BradleyPremiere's handling of Render Files
by on Oct 14, 2011 at 7:59:59 pm

Can someone elaborate on how Premiere handles render files? I can not figure it out. If I render a sequence, and then make a change in that sequence to a clip, unrelated clips then become unrendered, and I've not been able to figure out any rhyme or reason. It seems often times, that what needs to be re-rendered is random, although I'm sure there's a connection I'm unaware of. Still, quite frustrating to have to re-render all, or big portions of a sequence after changing only one clip.

As well, if I render a sequence, close the project, and then re-open the project, then, again, the sequence needs re-rendering. Anyone have any advice or light they can shed on this situation? It's making my work go painstakingly slow.

Much thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff GreenbergRe: Premiere's handling of Render Files
by on Nov 5, 2011 at 3:51:28 pm

That certainly should not be the case. We're going to need all your system specs at this point (What version of Premiere Pro, what type computer, os, etc.) Not that I'm sure I can answer the question, but we'll need this basic info no matter what.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New- my book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gates BradleyRe: Premiere's handling of Render Files
by on Nov 6, 2011 at 4:49:35 pm

I'm running Premiere CS 5 (i'm exporting right now, so can check the sub-version number, but I update regularly), on a 2011 17" Macbook Pro 2.2ghz core i7 with 8GB of RAM on OSX 10.7.2. Everything is running off of internal drives, so there shouldn't be a risk of a drive disconnect issue.

It seems that changes don't affect random clips, but rather all the clips in a track. So that a change of a clip will require re-rendering of every clip in that track. Is that how things work? Even still, it does not explain why my render files would disappear open re-opening a project.

Is there any other info you might need? Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]