Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Problems Importing hdv .mpeg into CS5 - audio unsync

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Laura NucciProblems Importing hdv .mpeg into CS5 - audio unsync
by on Sep 5, 2011 at 11:53:31 pm

Hi all, my name is Laura, I'm new here, and I'd be so grateful if someone can give me a hint on this problem:

I've been asked to edit a video, and they've given me:
-a folder that contains four files: two .mpeg video files wich ranges from 8gb to 11gb (around 50 minutes each), and two .xmp files with the same name as the others.

-These are HDV video files, shot in 1440x1080i, 1.33 pixel aspect ratio, 50fps, pal. Recorded (I'm not 100% sure) with a Sony.

-The thing is, I usually edit HDV, but never .mpeg files. They usually give me .m2t.

-So, with Premiere Pro Cs5, the first problem I've encoutered was that importing these files was extreeemely slow. I imagine that the file size might not have helped with that.

-So, finally I imported them.. BUT, once I started editing I noticed that the audio was NOT in sync!

-I checked the footage by opening it with a video player outside premiere, and the audio was in sync, so it's something that happens when I put those .mpeg inside premiere.

-What should I do? The guy who recorded this told me that he downloaded the material using premiere, and that it created by default those .mpeg files. Do I need to tell him I need the material in other format? Am I doing something wrong?
I'm really lost here!
Sorry for the long post!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: Problems Importing hdv .mpeg into CS5 - audio unsync
by on Sep 6, 2011 at 3:58:10 am

Start by telling us exactly what version of Premiere Pro you're using.

If you're using Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.0), installed the latest updates. They fix a lot problems, including some audio/video synch bugs. After applying the updates, clear out your media cache, since you need to reconform and reindex your files for one of these fixes to take effect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Laura NucciRe: Problems Importing hdv .mpeg into CS5 - audio unsync
by on Sep 6, 2011 at 8:17:51 pm

I can't tell you the exact version of the cs5 i'm using, because I'm not in that computer right now (it's not my computer either), but I think it has the latest actualizations.

In another forum they recommended asking the guy who taped this to download the material as .m2t... is that something the camera guy can do? Or the only option he has (as he told me) is to download as .mpeg?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ann BensRe: Problems Importing hdv .mpeg into CS5 - audio unsync
by on Sep 6, 2011 at 10:26:07 pm

If you capture footage straight into Premiere off a hdv camera you get .mpeg files. If you use other software (like HDV split or Vegas) you get m2t. Basicly ist the same.
Make sure you have the latest update as Todd already mentioned.
Run the mpeg file through HDV split and let it scene detect.
http://strony.aster.pl/paviko/hdvsplit.htm
This will give you a chopped up movie file, import that into Premiere.
Small files do not give you out of sync problems, one long file tends to do just that.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]