Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Assistance needed! - How can I bring a segment from a video into Premiere Pro CS5?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Chris WoodAssistance needed! - How can I bring a segment from a video into Premiere Pro CS5?
by on Jan 8, 2011 at 11:07:07 pm

Hello, so I need to basically talk about some films in this Uni project, and to do that I need to show video examples.

So I need to grab a small clip from the 700MB AVI's I have downloaded of these different films.

I've tried loads of stuff. I've tried trimming the selection on Quicktime Pro Mac, and this gives me what I want in terms of length, so now I have the section of the video I want, but now I can't import it into Premiere because I don't have the right codec.

I've also tried trimming the selection then exporting it as AVI and MP4 and MPEG and stuff. That doesn't work.

I've tried importing the films directly into Premiere, some work and I am able to cut them, others go out of synch, others have no audio at all.

I'm stumped. How can I do this quickly and pain-free?

To summarize, I need a program that will chop a section of a film .avi and then I need to bring it in to Premiere Pro with working audio.

Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: Assistance needed! - How can I bring a segment from a video into Premiere Pro CS5?
by on Jan 10, 2011 at 10:16:34 pm

> I've tried trimming the selection on Quicktime Pro Mac, and this gives me what I want in terms of length, so now I have the section of the video I want, but now I can't import it into Premiere because I don't have the right codec.

What codec are you missing?

If you created .mov files that are the clips that you want, you're just about done. Premiere Pro can certainly import .mov files, as long as the codec used for the video in those .mov containers is installed.

So, what codec is it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rinny WilsonRe: Assistance needed! - How can I bring a segment from a video into Premiere Pro CS5?
by on Jan 17, 2011 at 9:43:32 pm

If you can get your file over to a PC, try using Virtualdub. It's a free program that will allow you to open your AVI, choose in/out points, set a compression codec and export with audio painlessly.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]