Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Extract an Image that is just one frame

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jeff GoinExtract an Image that is just one frame
by on Nov 14, 2008 at 6:22:54 am

All,

I've upgraded to pro. Wow, what a difference! Stable, fast, easy to use and very, very capable. Not that I'm yet able to use most of it, but a quick manual scan is impressive and I'm learning.

At the moment, I'm trying to extract one still image. Frame hold doesn't turn out to be ideal for a few reasons. I did find a way to put a frame in photoshop but that doesn't work for some reason. Export a frame works but seems clunky since I have to wait for Media Encoder (waiting on it right now). Plus, I really just want a simple jpg. Does anyone know a way?

In elements I just pressed the camera button and the frame went into a bin as an image and could be placed on the timeline automatically. That was nice.

My goal is that, at the end of the clip, it holds the last frame, shrinks (keyframe scale) and moves (keyframe motion) to a certain part of the screen as another clip starts playing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff G.

Jeff G.
"If there's air there, it should be flown in" - FootFlyer.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff PuleraRe: Extract an Image that is just one frame
by on Nov 14, 2008 at 3:20:38 pm

With CS3, use File > Export > Frame

If you have CS4, then I don't know - I tried for 10 minutes the other day to do this on a demo system and could not figure it out, it appears to now work through the new Adobe Media Encoder, but it kept wanting to export the whole timeline as frames and not just the current frame. Lots of learning to do!

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff GoinRe: Extract an Image that is just one frame
by on Nov 14, 2008 at 5:42:05 pm

Jeff,

Lots to learn indeed! Overall I'm extremely impressed. Nary a single crash so far, and it's dramatically faster than elements. Elements was, for all intents and purposes, useless. Thankfully I got full credit for its purchase in the upgrade process.

As to the export--yes, I'm just having to use the File|Export|Media then have it go through the encoder. After doing that once and getting 1208 bitmaps, I unchecked the "Export as Sequence" and got only the clip I was after.

Thanks,

It's comforting to know I'm not alone.

Jeff G.

Jeff G.
"If there's air there, it should be flown in" - FootFlyer.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy