Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PHOTOSHOP:HomePhotoshop TutorialsForumIllustrator TutorialsPS BasicsPhotoshop PodcastPhotography Forum

Adjustments Panel vs dialog box

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mike MitchellAdjustments Panel vs dialog box
by on Dec 25, 2010 at 5:55:07 am

Hi,

I just upgraded from Photoshop CS3 to CS5 (for Mac) today and i've got a problem with the interface.

I use alot of adjustment layers for Levels. Here's my problem... In CS3, I could change the settings by double clicking on the layer to make the dialog box appear (which can be controlled with the keyboard by pressing Tab, the number keys and Enter to confirm). Very fast and easy.

However in CS5 there doens't seem to be a dialog box anymore. It just brings up the horrible Adjustments PANEL and you can't control it with the keyboard. Pressing Tab makes all the panels disappear. So before you're allowed to use the keyboard you have to find that damn adjustments panel, scroll over and click on one of the settings. VERY annoying. I process over 2000 images per day (with 3 or more adjustments layers) and this scrolling over to the adjustments panel every single time I want to change a setting is going to slow me down.

So... I was wondering, is there a way to control the Adjustments settings with the keyboard just like in CS3? This is so annoying that I'm about to delete CS5 and go back to CS3 (even though I won't get a refund). I'd really prefer to stay with CS5 (I like the new healing and cloning stuff).

Thanks!

Mike

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Christina RodriguezRe: Adjustments Panel vs dialog box
by on Dec 28, 2010 at 9:06:51 pm

For me, that TAB button has always made all the dialog boxes disappear (I'm talking about Photoshop CS)...

Unless I already had clicked on a dialog box and had to enter a setting manually then tabbed over to the next box.

Perhaps it was a custom setting?

C.R.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Richard HarringtonRe: Adjustments Panel vs dialog box
by on Dec 30, 2010 at 4:09:04 pm

You can detach panel so it's a floating window

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]