Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PHOTOSHOP:HomePhotoshop TutorialsForumIllustrator TutorialsPS BasicsPhotoshop PodcastPhotography Forum

how to save a jpeg without the white background

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
david edwardshow to save a jpeg without the white background
by on Feb 6, 2010 at 5:12:42 am

Hello all,
this may be a pretty basic question, but how do you save a psd file as a jpeg without the damn white background. i.e. say my canvas is 200 X 200 but my image is 160 X 180 how do I save just the image without the extra space showing up around the image as white or whatever. This mostly relates to webdesign. Any help is much appreciated as I am very frustrated. :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John MensingerRe: how to save a jpeg without the white background
by on Feb 6, 2010 at 6:31:37 pm

You could make the background the same color as that of the web page, which would effectively render it invisible.

To be rid of the white background, you'll have to save to a format that supports transparency. JPEG doesn't. You need GIF or PNG.

John M:
All of the vim with none of that annoying vigor.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paul BensonRe: how to save a jpeg without the white background
by on Feb 16, 2010 at 10:26:23 pm

It also sounds like you have extra space on your canvas that you don't want to show up. Use the crop tool to resize your canvas to include just the image you want.

Pauley

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]