Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PHOTOSHOP:HomePhotoshop TutorialsForumIllustrator TutorialsPS BasicsPhotoshop PodcastPhotography Forum

Vector smart to FCP

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
MelHiderVector smart to FCP
by on Nov 1, 2007 at 5:36:29 pm

Hi,

My knowledge of illustrator is limited to copying whatever is in there and placing it into photoshop where my knowledge is still rather restricted!

So I have received a CS3 illustrator file and done my usual copy and paste (into Photoshop-CS3)- this time as a vector smart object. Once I have resized and prepped the image, I would usually export it as a tiff and then import that tiff into FCP 6. However, in this case, FCP doesn't recognize the tiff.

Also, I need to save transparency, so jpeg is a last resort.

Is there a way to adapt the image in photoshop to make it readable for FCP?

Mel

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Richard HarringtonRe: Vector smart to FCP
by on Nov 2, 2007 at 1:44:11 pm

Make sure you did not check the Transparency box in the save dialog if you added an alpha channel... and that you are not in CMYK mode

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

RayRayTRe: Vector smart to FCP
by on Nov 5, 2007 at 9:04:13 pm

Right ... Video formats only read RGB. And FCP can read a layered photoshop image by the way. When you import a PSD file into FCP, it will create a Sequence with each layer seperated. You can then select the layer or layers you want to use in your edit. Good Luck with your projects.

-Raymond-

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]