Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PHOTOSHOP:HomePhotoshop TutorialsForumIllustrator TutorialsPS BasicsPhotoshop PodcastPhotography Forum

How do I move multiple layers from one canvas to another??

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
michael pierreHow do I move multiple layers from one canvas to another??
by on Jan 29, 2007 at 7:48:26 pm

I'm working in two different projects/canvas. I need to take multiple layers (15) from one to another. I DON'T want to drag/copy them individually. There has got to be a faster way?

thanks in advance.

Michael

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

IanRe: How do I move multiple layers from one canvas to another??
by on Jan 30, 2007 at 4:27:48 pm

SHIFT select the layers you want to copy/move and right-click the mouse and choose duplicate layers (or menu Layer/Duplicate Layers...). A dialog box asking where you want to copy them to will appear. Under the "document" option, choose a new document or an existing PSD you have open.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+2

moldybootRe: How do I move multiple layers from one canvas to another??
by on Feb 13, 2007 at 8:57:25 pm

if your other file is open, once you've shift-clicked the layers you want to copy you can drag them straight to the other open file.

in addition, if the layers you want to drag to the other file are already linked (with the paper clip icon), you can use the move tool to drag them straight to the other open file without having to selecting each layer... note, you must drag from the window, not the layers palette in this case.

you should also be able to group the layers into a layer set and drag that set to the other open file as well.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Rok PicassoRe: How do I move multiple layers from one canvas to another??
by on Sep 14, 2013 at 4:08:22 pm

Thank you for the helpful tips!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]