Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Creating an effect that is like the text/markings on old film.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Nick CorderCreating an effect that is like the text/markings on old film.
by on Jul 17, 2013 at 2:34:20 pm

http://vimeo.com/38012516

It is exhibited at the very beginning, and throughout the video. Translucent text flashes on to the screen followed by another and another resembling the markings on old film. Are there any video tutorials or instructions related to this effect? Do you know how it is done?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff KayRe: Creating an effect that is like the text/markings on old film.
by on Jul 17, 2013 at 3:39:43 pm

If you have a practical that is the film effect, then you can use the text layer as a mask.

It looks like this is exactly what was done in that video with the practical used being most visible right at the end of the video.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

John CuevasRe: Creating an effect that is like the text/markings on old film.
by on Jul 17, 2013 at 4:15:01 pm

To do this people get old film leaders/film burn/film leaks and use various transfer modes to create that look.

Here's a thread where the technique is discussed more with a leak to some free film leak footage you can download: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/202/893300#893301

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]