Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Pasting CS 4 Premiere Clip into After Effects CS4

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
William McQueenPasting CS 4 Premiere Clip into After Effects CS4
by on Dec 23, 2012 at 7:12:43 pm

In the two camera shoot there was one camera which was exposed correctly, and the other not - about 1.5 stops too high.

Originally, the edit was to switch from a wide shot of a stage of dancers to close-ups. Back and forth.

I locked the entire wide steady shot above the good exposure camera, and picked some transitions that I thought might work if I could "fix" he exposures of the wide shots.

The event was about 40 minutes in length and each camera was running continuously. So I matched the overexposed video above the good footage and cut out 6 short sections of the overexposed footage, with the intention of exporting them to AE for colour correction.

I followed the instructions in the "help" guide and copied the clip from the Premiere time-line and then pasted it into a new AE composition, but every time I do it I don't get the short clip I sculpted out, but get the entire 40 minutes clip. I just want to do basic correction in AE.

I've come to this "basics" group, and realise that I'm just a neophyte in learning the basics of AE and appreciate your patience and helpfulness. I just don't want to disappoint the dance group and don't want to bother you all too much.

Thanks,
Bill in Toronto

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stefan HinzeRe: Pasting CS 4 Premiere Clip into After Effects CS4
by on Dec 23, 2012 at 8:12:49 pm

Hey Bill,

first of all, did you try to fix it in Premiere?
Use the RGB-Curve! (and the RGB-Scope)
Maybe thats what you are looking fore and you can leave AE and the whole work!!

I hope this was helpfull!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Vishesh AroraRe: Pasting CS 4 Premiere Clip into After Effects CS4
by on Dec 24, 2012 at 3:50:04 am

Bill

I agree with Stefan on this point to CC the footage right in Premiere.

If nothing works, then export the clips as Lossless from premiere and import in AE for CC.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

William McQueenRe: Pasting CS 4 Premiere Clip into After Effects CS4
by on Dec 24, 2012 at 10:40:29 pm

Thanks Stefan and Vishesh. RGB Curve helped almost enough. Didn't know where to find RGB Scope.

Bill in Toronto

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stefan HinzeRe: Pasting CS 4 Premiere Clip into After Effects CS4
by on Dec 25, 2012 at 8:32:03 am

;)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter