Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

How to force every frame to have a keyframe?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Chad RidgewayHow to force every frame to have a keyframe?
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 2:22:52 pm

Dear Creative Cow,

I want every frame of my comp to have a keyframe. I don't want to rely on interpolation. Is there a way to force every frame to have a keyframe? (position, rotation, and scale)

Thank you!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John CuevasRe: How to force every frame to have a keyframe?
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 2:50:14 pm

You could "alt + click" on each property to create an expression and press enter to set the expression to it's default. Then go to Animation -> Keyframe Assistant -> Convert Expression to Keyframes and that would generate an keyframe for every frame of your composition.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chad RidgewayRe: How to force every frame to have a keyframe?
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 2:57:28 pm

Freakin' genius. A fairy just grew it's wings haha!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: How to force every frame to have a keyframe?
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 3:02:53 pm

Johnny's trick will certainly work for you, but it has a downside. What if you want to change the animated property? If it's in motion, what if you need to change the motion path?

This isn't just a worst-case scenario. I have five whole American dollars that say EVERY professional AE practitioner has had a Homer Simpson "Doh!" moment at one time or another. It typically happens after a file has rendered out, and you're looking at the final result. If it hasn't happened to you, it will. And undoing a boatload of keyframes is the last thing on your mind.

Instead of making all those keyframes, I would instead get to know how the Bezier handles work on the motion paths, and how the Graph Editor works. Then you can animate with a minimum of keyframes.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chad RidgewayRe: How to force every frame to have a keyframe?
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 3:05:33 pm

Thanks Dave. I understand the danger of working with too many keyframes. In this case I need each frame to be keyframed for a very specific purpose.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]