Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Having Difficulty with the Text Tool

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Grant LeatherwoodHaving Difficulty with the Text Tool
by on May 31, 2012 at 2:53:23 am

Hi, I apologize if this is a very easy problem, but I'm having issues with the text tool.

It seems that every time I make a text layer, I get the black selection cursor with four arrows (move?) and I don't have red guide lines around the text block. The cursor doesn't change over the entire composition.

Also, I have to select a different tool then pick the text tool again to make a new layer.

The reason this is frustrating is because I want to make multiple text layers quickly.

Am I missing a hotkey or are my settings screwy?

Thank you.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John CuevasRe: Having Difficulty with the Text Tool
by on May 31, 2012 at 12:50:29 pm

You can use "cntl + alt + shift + t" to create a new text layer, type your text and use the "enter" key on the number keypad to finish your layer, but you won't get the bounding box using that method.

If you are using the text tool where you create the bounding box first, you can use "enter" on the number keypad to finish your text and then start a new bounding box and text layer elsewhere.

Finally, "F2" will deselect everything in the active window.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]