Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Motion path + bending along path?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ryan HillMotion path + bending along path?
by on May 8, 2012 at 7:36:19 pm

For an example, what if I had a bunch of little pictures of tadpoles, and I wanted them to follow motion paths? But, since they are tadpoles, they should bend to match the bend of the path they are following?

What should I use? I could animate a "bend" effect on each of them, but there are supposed to be a whole swarm of them, I would obviously hope for a simpler method.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dan FredleyRe: Motion path + bending along path?
by on May 9, 2012 at 5:06:01 am

How about just animate one in a precomp flipping it's tail back and forth in a loop and then use it as a video sprite in Particular to create the swarm?--if you have Particular, of course.

Another way would be to just have it "Orient along path" instead of "bending". Still might give the effect you are going for.

Layer>Transform>Auto-orient>Orient along path

Dan Fredley

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ryan HillRe: Motion path + bending along path?
by on May 9, 2012 at 5:38:15 pm

I have a swimming motion in a loop, but I was hoping also to have it bend to the left or right when it's turning left or right.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]