Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Tutorial: AE Basics 45: Additional Range Selectors

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Andrew DevisTutorial: AE Basics 45: Additional Range Selectors
by on May 2, 2012 at 10:04:17 am

Adobe After Effects basics
AE Basics 45: Additional Range SelectorsAE Basics 45: Additional Range Selectors

AE Basics - A Creative COW series for new users of Adobe After Effects. Lesson 45: In this (more advanced) tutorial, Andrew Devis shows how to create and use a range selector within another range selector all within one animator for a single text layer. The use of multiple range selectors can add a great deal of interest and flare to your text. As this is once again a somewhat more advanced option within AE Andrew doesn't go into too much detail, simply showing how to add, modify and use a second range selector within one text animator.

Tutorial, Video Tutorial   05/02/2012
Author: Andrew Devis

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+3

ahmad WadieiRe: AE Basics 45: Additional Range Selectors
by on May 5, 2012 at 8:33:09 pm

Dear Andrew

First of all many thanks for your effort making such good and uesfull series of tutorials. Is there a way to thank you??

As an Adobe after effects and other adobe products user, I have very problem with using for middle east text in adobe which is not supported directly to either type nor past in.
As you may know many middle east languages are from right to left but all the effects are just for left to right, and as I know there is no way to change the direction. for one line of text there is a way to get around it but for many lines no. Do you know any way??

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew Devis@ahmad Wadiei
by on May 8, 2012 at 6:09:42 am

HI Ahmad

Here is the info I got from Adobe

Rich Young has collected a few useful resources about this:
http://aeportal.blogspot.com/2010/03/arabictext-script-for-correct-arabic.h...

I hope it helps

All the best
Andrew

... because it's all about stories ...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew DevisRe: AE Basics 45: Additional Range Selectors
by on May 7, 2012 at 12:25:51 pm

Hi Ahmad

Off the top of my head I don't know of a solution for many lines of text. However, I will ask my contacts at Adobe and see if they know anything that may help.

Andrew

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

ahmad WadieiRe: AE Basics 45: Additional Range Selectors
by on May 8, 2012 at 1:28:14 pm

Dear Andrew Thank you so much for your help.
I was looking for some script to possibly help for all normal text effects in Adobe.
By the why do you know why Adobe do not support the middle east language as in Final cut in Mac computer.

You are an amazing teacher and I enjoy when you teach.
do you have any long distance certificate program for After effects?

best regards

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew Devis@ahmad Wadiei
by on May 8, 2012 at 2:48:38 pm

Hi Ahmad

To be honest I don't really know why Adobe don't offer the support you need, but you can always send in a feature request to Adobe at the following link

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

In fact, I would get some of your friends to also send in a feature request as the more people that ask the more likely it is that Adobe will respond sooner rather than later.

Adobe are generally very good at responding to feature requests, so follow the link and start pestering them to get the support you need.

Thank you also for the request about a distance learning course. At the moment that isn't something that I can offer, although I will give it some thought over the coming months.

All the best
Andrew

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]