Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

What should I do to get this effect look?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Michael DunawayWhat should I do to get this effect look?
by on Feb 29, 2012 at 1:16:17 am

Hello,

Im pretty new to AE ive been using primarily just Vegas to correct or add anything to my video projects. However I recently saw this trailer:

And I decided I wanted to make something similar using in-game footage from a different game. However I am not sure what effects or overlays I should use from AE to create the smoke haze and overexposed lighting that portions of the video have (namely the intro). Additionally id like to give off the feeling of a dim or darkened environment without losing the clarity of the game characters (so basically make it look like night without the footage actually being night ingame).

If anyone could help me id appreciate it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen SmithRe: What should I do to get this effect look?
by on Mar 9, 2012 at 2:52:14 pm

I find it really depends on the clip you are trying to work with. But to darken it take a look at the Color Correction Effects. I'm a big fan of the levels filter. For Smoke be sure to check out Video Copilot's Action Essentials 2. It has lots of great smoke: https://www.videocopilot.net/products/action2/

or Digital Juice's Compositor's Toolkit 1: http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/products.asp?pid=760

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy