Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

make movie from 3 comps???

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Dennis williammake movie from 3 comps???
by on Dec 27, 2010 at 8:19:45 am

How do u render a template to come out as a single movie? and not individual comps ?

I have ae 4 and using a template that has 3 comps in it everytime i send main comp to render I get 3 comps rendered a seperate movies
I am a nubby and realy frustrated....

Every time I pre-render, and then render as all the tutorials have explained it... I end up with pieces like the template has
Example would be a template that has 4 or 5 comps inside and when I render the final or main only It gets broken up into main
comp 1, 2, 3, etc all the same size and name 1,044,909 kb in size never just 1 single movie.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael SzalapskiRe: make movie from 3 comps???
by on Dec 27, 2010 at 10:26:11 pm

I assume you have AE CS4, not AE version 4. (Version 4 came out in 1999, CS4 is actually version 9). I ask because someone on a forum recently did have a genuine version 4 question and the answer would be somewhat different.

How to get one movie would be to render one composition. One composition=one file when rendered.
If you want three compositions to be in one video file, then put all three compositions in a new composition.

I would highly recommend you go through all of the resources linked to here: Getting Started In After Effects. If you go through everything there it will eliminate some of the frustration you are experiencing.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]