Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Ram Preview a section only

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
nic beeryRam Preview a section only
by on Oct 9, 2010 at 2:38:59 pm

I'm on a mac pro 8 core, just updated to AE 10.0.1. When I used to select a section to ram preview using the B and N keys to select a section, and then hitting the 0 on the number pad, it would play only the selected area. Now it starts from where the play head bar happens to be and plays the whole sequence. I would like it to do what it used to in previous versions, play just the selected area.

Is there a pref that I have not selected?

Thanks,
Nic

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew DevisRe: Ram Preview a section only
by on Oct 9, 2010 at 5:54:57 pm

If you expand the preview panel down you may find you have the 'from current time' check box checked. If this box is un-checked then the ram preview will be from the start to the end of the work area.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

nic beeryRe: Ram Preview a section only
by on Oct 10, 2010 at 1:40:43 am

I am sorry to sound so ignorant, but what is the "preview panel"? do you mean the timeline? I looked at all the buttons and switches on it and none of them said anything about playing selected work area.

Or do you mean preview pane in preferences that talks about open GL?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew DevisRe: Ram Preview a section only
by on Oct 10, 2010 at 3:01:06 pm

The preview panel is usually on the right hand side towards the top and has some play buttons on it for RAM preview. If you can't see it go to the windows menu at the top and look for 'preview' and click on that to show it. Then, you can pull the bottom of the panel down by putting your cursor over the line between the two, clicking and draggin it down. Then you will see the check box I mentioned. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 11, 2010 at 2:01:04 pm

Andrew, That did it! Thanks so much.
-Nic
http://www.BeeryMedia.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael SzalapskiRe: Ram Preview a section only
by on Oct 12, 2010 at 2:25:25 pm

As someone just starting out in AE, this set of resources was built especially for you. Go through these now and save yourself a ton of headaches later.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 12, 2010 at 2:35:45 pm

Thanks for the resources, I'll check it out. I've actually been on AE since 1998, just needed to find a few things on AE 10.0.1.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]