Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Basic text animation?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Josh MooreBasic text animation?
by on Apr 17, 2010 at 4:25:48 pm

Basically i'm looking to create a similar text effect to that of the end of Final Fantasy Advent Children, where random letters fly in the form the credits.

http://www.novamov.com/video/4a5cba9809ea0

Skip to 95 mins for reference.

And at 97 mins the text spiral, i'm guessing that's just nulls parented to whatever text layer and animated, but correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm only good with after effects when it comes to compositing, I don't really do text realated stuff, so I know the program, but text, not really.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Josh

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: Basic text animation?
by on Apr 18, 2010 at 4:15:25 am

You could start here or, better yet, here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Josh MooreRe: Basic text animation?
by on Apr 18, 2010 at 4:51:06 pm

Thanks, but unless i'm missing something, none of those pages are quite what i'm looking for?

I was assuming (and i'm sure i've seen it somewhere), there is a value you can change which randomly rotates, scales, and positions each individual letter at the same time. Most of those that you linked involved animating each character individually, rather than something that affects them all, at the same time. If you see my first reference you'll understand what I mean.

Thanks,
Josh

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: Basic text animation?
by on Apr 18, 2010 at 5:38:40 pm

If you read the materials that I pointed to and actually learn the underlying features of text animation in After Effects, you'll have no difficulty doing what you describe. If you want someone on this forum to give you a step-by-step set of instructions, then I'm sure that you can ge that. It's just that we usually try first by teaching you how to fish, rather than by giving you the fish.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]