Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

How to replace image while maintaining keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Matt DragovitsHow to replace image while maintaining keyframes
by on Apr 15, 2010 at 8:11:41 pm

Sorry if this is a noob question. I know how to do this in Apple Motion, but I've recently started working with After Effects again.

Basically I've created a little bumper that has images animate into the frame. I wanted to see if there was an easy way to take a new image and replace the current image while maintaining the position, animation, and applied effects. I know I can copy and paste the keyframes, but I would like to maintain the effects settings without having to apply them to each element over and over again.

Is there a way to do this? In motion you simply drag your new asset on top of the old asset and it will replace it, but I don't know how you do this in AE.

Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave JohnsonRe: How to replace image while maintaining keyframes
by on Apr 15, 2010 at 8:19:07 pm

If the item you want to replace it with is already in your project, select the layer you want to replace and hold Option while you drag the new item over the layer to be replaced in the timeline.

If not, right click the item in the project window and choose Replace Footage.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Logan DraysonRe: How to replace image while maintaining keyframes
by on Oct 23, 2013 at 6:52:27 am

Hello, I'm currently working for a real estate company that uses Sony Vegas... They use a program called Sony Production Assistant 2.0 to automate their Vegas templates.

In Vegas they have empty slugs and with the assistant program they pick their 25 images and pick the template and the assistant automatically populates those empty slugs with the 25 images. My boss wants me to do this same thing but with AE. I know if you open a AE file and option drag a file on a layer it will replace it. But is there a way to automate this with AE.

Thank you,

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]