Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

rendering a simple file to smaller size

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
westerlyrendering a simple file to smaller size
by on Apr 20, 2007 at 11:01:58 pm

This is sort of a newbie question, but I'm rendering out several files to use in a video. Each file is 3 minutes long, with a word translating from the middle of the screen up to the top which I plan to put over footage in an editing program. Real simple powerpoint-like stuff. The video will be 720 x 480, so I have them rendering out at that size and at best quality as an .mov . The problem is each of my files end up being 150 megs each. I need to keep these at a great quality for the video- but is there a way I can make the size of each file smaller? I just rendered out an animated logo in another program (same video size) and its only 15 megs! Is there a codec or something I can use to lower the size of these files? (cause I need to send them to someone through email)
Even something below 100 megs would be great. thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

wuzelwazelRe: rendering a simple file to smaller size
by on Apr 21, 2007 at 2:42:44 am

[westerly] "I need to keep these at a great quality for the video- but is there a way I can make the size of each file smaller? I just rendered out an animated logo in another program (same video size) and its only 15 megs! Is there a codec or something I can use to lower the size of these files?"

Well the codec you want to use will depend on the footage's final destination. What codec did you use for the render from the other program? If you're working with 720x480 footage for NTSC output then you can probably use the QuickTime NTSC DV/DVCPRO codec.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]