Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

DV/DVCPRO - NTSC export from FCP to DVDPRO

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Kate BoydDV/DVCPRO - NTSC export from FCP to DVDPRO
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 2:42:23 pm

Hello folks,

A coworker wants me to reorder the contents of a simple DVD.

I took the data off the DVD and imported it into FCP 7. The footage is DV/DVCPRO NTSC. I reordered the footage into a new sequences, then I proceeded to put back onto a DVD.

I exported as self-contained movies, but when I imported into DVDPRO the footage looks bad (I let DVDpro process the footage to see how it would do...and ick!)

So next I exported from FCP and then processed at high-quality in compressor, and import into DVDPro, the footage looks much better but there is pixelation in some subject's faces as compressor made the files much smaller.

The original footage is only 2.8G of data. I don't need to compress the footage at all, so what file-type could I/should I export as from FCP 7, so that it is usable in DVDStudio Pro? I look at the list of dozens of settings and I don't know where to start...

Help me please, I much appreciate this forum :O)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris TompkinsRe: DV/DVCPRO - NTSC export from FCP to DVDPRO
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 11:22:52 pm

import into DVDPro...

I can't figure out what you mean by that statement but this is how to do what you want to do:

Rip the DVD to .MOV files using the DV50 Codec (or prores)720x480, with matching fields and frame rate to the DVD (see mpeg streamclip).

Import the QT's into FCP.

Edit away in a DV50 (or prores) sequence till done and happy.

Export using "Current Settings"

Drop that file into Compressor and create your mpeg2 DVD ready files.
Import DVD files into DVDSP and create/burn new DVD.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kate BoydRe: DV/DVCPRO - NTSC export from FCP to DVDPRO
by on Jul 31, 2012 at 2:02:45 pm

Ah, ok. I'll try the different settings for importing the original content into FCP (I did use Mpeg Streamclip, but different settings).

Thanks a bunch, I'll post when I finish trying this out.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]