Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

File error message when capturing from DV

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Leonard FrankfordFile error message when capturing from DV
by on May 25, 2012 at 1:48:07 pm

All of the sudden I am getting a "File error-unknown file" message when I try to capture from DV in FCP 7. I have never had this problem before. I checked to make sure I was still set for Firewire Basic in the Easy Setup and the A/V settings. Also, the Firewire is communicating with the deck, allowing me to shuttle the tape, mark in/out, etc. It only fails when it gets to the final capture step. Capture Now doesn't work, either. I have changed the cable and the deck, and get the same result. Any suggestions? I remember something about trashing the Preferences but I don't know what folder they are in. Thanks.

Leonard

Leonard F.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Anna IngenthronRe: File error message when capturing from DV
by on Aug 23, 2012 at 9:49:01 pm

You can trash the preferences by quitting FCP, going to your user folder>Library>Preferences and dragging the file "com.apple.FinalCutPro.plist" to the trash. Empty your trash before opening FCP.

What folder are your scratch disks set to? Are they on an external hard drive with read and write permissions and plenty of space?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]