Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Post production color grade footage from mulitcam

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jayk GrittmanPost production color grade footage from mulitcam
by on May 24, 2012 at 6:37:21 pm

Hello, I currently use three digital SLRs for filming - Nikon d3100 x2 and a Nikon d5100.

I was hoping someone might have some insight as to getting all of the footage color graded the same so the cuts on the final product all look fluid.
To be more specific if I film a scene one day and next week film a previous of flowing scene how can I ensure they look similar?

I keep the shutter speed, iso, and frame rate the same.
Thank you to anyone who can help I really appreciate it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shane RossRe: Post production color grade footage from mulitcam
by on May 25, 2012 at 10:28:20 pm

You COLOR CORRECT the footage using the 3-way...and adjust things so that they match. HOW? Well, it's all done by eye. You adjust things until they match. You can start by making sure WHITE is the same on both..and then tweak the settings in the highlights, mids and blacks.

Again, HOW? This isn't something we can explain how via a forum. This is something people are trained to do for a living. So you can try to figure it out yourself, or hire a colorist.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jayk GrittmanRe: Post production color grade footage from mulitcam
by on May 25, 2012 at 11:00:32 pm

Thank you Shane, for your response. I thought that was the answer - I suppose I was just hoping for something a bit more automated, or less time consuming. I have been doing professional color grading in the photography field for about 7 years so I suppose it's learning the process on a new platform. Thank you again for you r response and tips. I really appreciate it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shane RossRe: Post production color grade footage from mulitcam
by on May 26, 2012 at 12:09:23 am

[Jayk Grittman] " I suppose I was just hoping for something a bit more automated, or less time consuming."

Apple did make that, for those who aren't savvy with color correction. FCP-X has a built-in, one-click SHOT MATCH ability. If you need to do this a lot, you might think about moving to FCP-X.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]