Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

FCP to iDVD - preview has an overlay of green and pink squares.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
David RiepFCP to iDVD - preview has an overlay of green and pink squares.
by on May 23, 2012 at 9:35:26 pm

I've been using FCP 7.0.3 to make two basic movies. I exported the projects to Quicktime, self-contained, and the files play wonderfully. I burned a few DVD samples using iDVD (7.1.2), in which the two movies can be selected from the main DVD menu - this came out fine. Here is my problem: I needed to make changes in FCP (audio adjustments and subtitle text) several times, which resulted in my trashing the Quicktime files, and exporting updated versions from FCP. I plugged these into iDVD a few more times, and burned the disc without any problems. However, on my most recent attempt in iDVD, when previewing the movie, it showed up with a bunch of green and pink squares across the entire screen. All of my previous attempts did not have this. The files play fine in Quicktime. I trashed the iDVD project, and created a new one - same result. I trashed my iDVD preferences and restarted - same result. I ran Repair Permissions - same result. Does anyone know how to get rid of these colored squares?

They look like this:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3820161?start=0&tstart=0

CPU info:
Macbook Pro
Mac OSX (10.6.8)
Processor: 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Using a 1TB external for capture scratch

Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David RiepRe: FCP to iDVD - preview has an overlay of green and pink squares.
by on May 23, 2012 at 10:24:16 pm

Additional information:

Quicktime files:
Dimensions: 1920 x 1080
Codecs: MPEG-2 Video, Linear
PCM, Timecode
Color profile: HD (1-1-1)

*Also, I discovered that if I create an iDVD project in Standard Format (4:3), rather than Widescreen Format (16:9), the films preview perfectly. Any ideas why this is happening?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

blake cohenRe: FCP to iDVD - preview has an overlay of green and pink squares.
by on Jun 5, 2013 at 4:28:07 am

did you ever find out a solution to this problem, I am having the exact same issue!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]