Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Difficulty exporting 8 discrete audio channels from FCP7 as QT movie to a DVD data file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Chuck JoyceDifficulty exporting 8 discrete audio channels from FCP7 as QT movie to a DVD data file
by on Apr 9, 2012 at 3:44:53 pm

With the active sequence on the timeline, I wnet to Sequence Settings and under Audio Settings I change Conif to "Discrete". Under Audio Outputs I load a preset of 8 discrete "Dual Mono" channels. I control click by the padlock and route each channel to it's individual location. I then export an uncompressed Quicktime movie using current settings to the desktop. I drop this file onto a DVD and burn in iDVD. At the conclusion of the burn I get an error message" This disc can't be verified and might be unreliable. Try again using a new blank disc (error code 0x80020063). What am I doing wrong? Thanx

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shane RossRe: Difficulty exporting 8 discrete audio channels from FCP7 as QT movie to a DVD data file
by on Apr 11, 2012 at 3:12:13 am

I think you skipped a step...you need to tell FCP to output 8 discreet channels. It's default it 2 outputs, you have to tell it 8 outputs. Here, I have a tutorial on the topic:

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/multi-audio/1

As for iDVD...I dont' think it burns anything but a stereo mix. I don't think it'll do 8 discreet channels of audio.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chuck JoyceRe: Difficulty exporting 8 discrete audio channels from FCP7 as QT movie to a DVD data file
by on Apr 11, 2012 at 3:26:10 pm

I may have omitted a step in my initial post, but I did everything in your tutorial. So the problem lies with the limitations of iDVD. My hope is this will work with DVD Studio Pro. Yes? Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]