Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Loss of quality after export from FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Daniela DawsonLoss of quality after export from FCP7
by on Apr 9, 2012 at 3:33:29 pm

Hi there,
I am attempting to export a music video I just shot and edited. All footage was from canon dslrs and I converted to apple pro res 422 to edit. I have tried exporting as (quicktime conversion) quicktime .mov, and mpeg4 at different sizes but still they all have TERRIBLE quality. The quality is good when I preview my timeline in FCP. I am not sure if this is a problem with my export settings, but please let me know what my best settings would be. I will be uploading to Vimeo (which I tried for now, even HD and it looks so bad.) Thanks for your help.
Daniela

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sean SmithRe: Loss of quality after export from FCP7
by on Apr 10, 2012 at 2:58:02 am

If it looks good in FCP, it's probably your export settings. You could try exporting a quicktime movie at the current sequence settings just to see if it looks good. Of course, that file might just be too big to realistically upload.

A few questions to get you better feedback. What are your sequence settings? What settings are you using to export? Also, is using Compressor an option?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David EaksRe: Loss of quality after export from FCP7
by on Apr 10, 2012 at 6:11:03 am

As Sean said, try exporting with "current settings", forget QT conversion. Choose File> Export and use "current settings". If time/filesize are an issue uncheck "self-contained" to export a Reference movie, which is not itself a video file but it references your original media. It exports a tiny file very fast (I treat reference movies as disposable, one time use files just for opening in compressor and making files for Youtube, Blu-ray etc. Reference movies are NOT suitable for archiving or sharing).

Open the resulting file in compressor and apply the appropriate setting for YouTube/Vimeo in the "Video Sharing Services" folder. If you will be doing this often, especially if it is longer form video, I highly recommend Matrox MAX/Compress HD to accelerate creating the H.264.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]