Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Open FCP 7 project in FCP 6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Dan CallananOpen FCP 7 project in FCP 6
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 11:44:09 am

Hi, I'm a complete noob when it comes to FCP. I captured 8 hours of footage in FCP 7 and need to open it in FCP 6.0.6. I have read other threads on the subject but I keep getting an error. In FCP 7 I exported the footage to XLM 4 and in FCP 6 tried to import the XML.

I get the following message: ERROR: Critical errors aborted the processing an XML document. Would you like to see a log of those errors now?

When I click yes the following appears: Thu 8 Dec 2011, 11:40 - Errors Found Importing Whale and Dolphin FCP6v3.xml
: Unable to transfer data value as an audio or video parameter is out of range.( line 14846 )

Anyone have any ideas? Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else I'm stressed out so could easily have missed something simple.

Thanks in advance Dan.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen SmithRe: Open FCP 7 project in FCP 6
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 5:43:24 pm

If all you have done is captured footage then just import the footage directly into FCP 6.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dan CallananRe: Open FCP 7 project in FCP 6
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 8:03:50 pm

Hi Stephen what I meant to say was I logged and captured the footage in FCP 7 and when I try and open it in FCP 6 it says I can't because its from a newer version.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen SmithRe: Open FCP 7 project in FCP 6
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 9:34:19 pm

When you go to import and bring in the clips it says you can't import the footage?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]