Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Flip Cam BRoll...TOO good! (Need to crud it up)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Darren PeisterFlip Cam BRoll...TOO good! (Need to crud it up)
by on Sep 13, 2011 at 6:53:40 pm

The documentary I am working on is being shot on some really fine HD equipment. The director has also given the subjects in the film their own Flip Cam to record themselves; their thoughts and recollections. But upon converting the files in Compressor to AppleProRes, that footage looks too good! Any thoughts on ways to make it look more consumer-like ? I've changed the frame rate to 15fps. Perhaps in the FCP application there are some filters that will help? Sure there's color "correction" I can do (desaturate/tweak blacks) but other suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SuszkoRe: Flip Cam BRoll...TOO good! (Need to crud it up)
by on Sep 13, 2011 at 10:04:03 pm

Add a lot of digital zooming and motion sway from bad hand-holding. Tip it alittle so it isn't quite level. Screw up the framing so it is a little off. Ramp the exposure up and down rapidly like an auto-iris that is too slow to re-adjust.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Daniel SametzRe: Flip Cam BRoll...TOO good! (Need to crud it up)
by on Sep 13, 2011 at 10:23:48 pm

Maybe you can lower the detail level in the camera.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]