Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

NTSC to PAL

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Kashish AroraNTSC to PAL
by on Sep 11, 2011 at 5:07:21 am

It might be a basic issue, but i have come across this 2-3 times...and it creates a lot of trouble with the client.
I get NTSC footage @ 29.97 fps shot on any digital camera like 5D, 7D etc. Now i am asked to give the output for both NTSC and PAL. So ideally what is the best way to do it, should i create a diff sequence with base frame rate 25 (which asks for a hell of rendering before i can even think of editing) or just edit the same and while exporting change the settings (which might result in out sync).
please advice...kinda urgent..!!
thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rafael AmadorRe: NTSC to PAL
by on Sep 11, 2011 at 9:44:56 am

[Kashish Arora] "It might be a basic issue, but i have come across this 2-3 times...and it creates a lot of trouble with the client.
I get NTSC footage @ 29.97 fps shot on any digital camera like 5D, 7D etc. Now i am asked to give the output for both NTSC and PAL. So ideally what is the best way to do it, should i create a diff sequence with base frame rate 25 (which asks for a hell of rendering before i can even think of editing) or just edit the same and while exporting change the settings (which might result in out sync).
please advice...kinda urgent..!! thanks"

What about if you make an NTSC movie and hen you convert it to PAL (Compressor)?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kashish AroraRe: NTSC to PAL
by on Sep 11, 2011 at 6:02:17 pm

I have rally got no idea....i want advice and suggestions....how does this one works...and what are the pros n cons....u must be knowing as u use it...?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rafael AmadorRe: NTSC to PAL
by on Sep 11, 2011 at 6:34:22 pm

Hi Kashira,
This have been explained and discussed thousand of times in this forum.
Type NTSC to PAL in the SEARCH window and you will find all the info you need and more.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Sep 12, 2011 at 11:09:40 am

thanks a lot....will do so...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew RendellRe: NTSC to PAL
by on Sep 13, 2011 at 12:40:16 pm

It's worth getting hold of the technical requirements for a representative broadcaster who might take the programme. A couple of UK broadcasters are currently giving minimum specs of 50Mbps or better for origination and an approved motion predictive standards conversion for anything coming from a different frame rate than 25fps.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Laura WoodRe: NTSC to PAL
by on Sep 22, 2011 at 9:05:20 am

between NTSC & PAL, the main differences is the frame rate, NTSC with 29.97 fps, and PAL with 25. it's very easy, using third party software with NTSC (*vob) and PAL (*vob) output, you can get the both formats

-------------------------------------------------
Laura
Laura Wood

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Sep 23, 2011 at 7:10:54 am

thanks laura...
but can u please tel me, which third party software are you suggesting here, which does not loses anything while encoding?
thanks again

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Laura WoodRe: NTSC to PAL
by on Sep 27, 2011 at 5:11:21 am

I'm sorry to let u know there's no possiblity of no lossing any quality if re-encoding. Since the frame rate has neen changed from 29.97 to 25, the quality must be affected.

And as for how to convert it. I googled and found a forum which mainly discussed about NTSC and PAL. hope it helps.
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google%20Mobile/thread?tid=57e429f4ce...

-------------------------------------------------
Laura
Laura Wood

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Sep 27, 2011 at 11:41:00 am

Thank a lot Laura...really thanks...wil surely go thru d forum...!!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]