Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

AJHD1400 and Final Cut Problem

COW Forums : Decks & VTRs

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
jerell rodriguezAJHD1400 and Final Cut Problem
by on May 8, 2011 at 2:56:06 pm

hey guys im pretty new to editing and have a problem im not sure how to fix. i have a dvc tape that i need to ingest into final cut but im not sure how the video was shot (framerate,resolution), i have an ajhd1400 vtr and im trying to go from the deck to FCP via firewire, but obviously because i dont know the input settings i cant seem to get into FCP. ive tried changing the system freq. settings on the deck and the input settings in FCP to match every possible reso. and fps but no luck. everytime i try to playback from the deck i get the E-00 error. also i dont know what type of camera it was shot on. thanks for any help or ideas guys, im pretty new to this so please bear with me.

jerell rodriguez

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris TompkinsRe: AJHD1400 and Final Cut Problem
by on May 8, 2011 at 6:06:35 pm

In the Deck Menu, you need to set the FW output to the specs of the tape.
IE: DVCPRO.
Then in the FCP capture settings, they have to match what you shot.
Doesn't the deck LCD show the format when it's playing the tape?

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

walter biscardiRe: AJHD1400 and Final Cut Problem
by on May 8, 2011 at 6:16:24 pm

When you hit "Play" on the VTR, the 1400 will show you what the format is of the tape. Generally 720 or 1080 right there in the TC display window.

Then you have to check your FW settings on the VTR to make sure they match what the tape is playing. Generally the FW output defaults to downconversion to DV or DVCAM mode so you'll need to change that for HD output. You'll need to go through the menus to ensure the FW output matches what the deck is playing and then match up FCP to the same.

The format of the video if in HD will be DVCPro HD so you need to select one of those Easy Setups for ingesting.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]