Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

weird timeline behavior or keyboard clumsiness?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Dave Johnsonweird timeline behavior or keyboard clumsiness?
by on Nov 24, 2010 at 6:24:07 pm

Please help me ... if one more thing goes wrong while I'm mastering these friggin' spots, I'm gonna jump!! Sure it'll only be from my desk to the floor, but it's the thought that counts, ya know?

You have my permission to make fun of me for this question, but what does it mean when clips in a FCP timeline are brighter than usual (the pastel-colored clips in the timeline, not the footage)?

All these years and I've never seen this before ... all the sudden for no apparent reason, the timeline clips in about half of the dozen sequences in one project are much brighter colored than ever before and only turn back to their normal colors when I select any one of the clips in that timeline. I must've inadvertently hit some shortcut key that triggered some fancy-nancy feature I've never used or seen before so now I'm worried about sending out broadcast masters and getting calls that the field order for half the spots is reversed or something equally dumb that I might miss since I didn't know that I had changed it. I've restarted FCP and even the Mac thinking it was some kind of weird refresh issue, but no joy.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tom WolskyRe: weird timeline behavior or keyboard clumsiness?
by on Nov 24, 2010 at 7:27:34 pm

It means you have a selection made in the the timeline by marking in and out points.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave JohnsonRe: weird timeline behavior or keyboard clumsiness?
by on Nov 24, 2010 at 8:04:39 pm

Thanks so much, Tom. Clear I/O points did the trick. I guess I've never had cause to set I/O points in the timeline rather than on a clip so I'm not sure how I managed to set some without knowing it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]