Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Do I have to render timeline when sending timeline to compressor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
dan freshmanDo I have to render timeline when sending timeline to compressor
by on Apr 12, 2010 at 11:24:44 pm

Hello,

I am making a DVD from a final cut timeline. Im the timeline from final cut to compressor for the mpeg2 conversion...my question is, do I have to render the timeline first or is that part of the process that compressor knows to do when sending directly from final cut?

thanks
dan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen SmithRe: Do I have to render timeline when sending timeline to compressor
by on Apr 12, 2010 at 11:34:51 pm

You do not need to render it if you don't want to.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David Roth WeissRe: Do I have to render timeline when sending timeline to compressor
by on Apr 13, 2010 at 1:30:07 am

[Stephen Smith] "You do not need to render it if you don't want to. "

Stephen's just being funny, cuz he knows, just like Tom said, you've got to pay the price sometime. So, better pay it now.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen SmithRe: Do I have to render timeline when sending timeline to compressor
by on Apr 13, 2010 at 3:16:40 pm

[David] You've got to pay the price sometime. So, better pay it now.

That jerk the Piper, always wanting to get paid. :-)

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tom WolskyRe: Do I have to render timeline when sending timeline to compressor
by on Apr 13, 2010 at 1:26:27 am

Send to Compressor is incredibly slow, and pointless if you're going to MPEG-2 in my view. You're much better off doing a full render and mixdown and exporting, even a reference movie, and taking that to Compressor.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rafael AmadorRe: Do I have to render timeline when sending timeline to compressor
by on Apr 13, 2010 at 3:52:34 pm

I agree with Tom.
If you send to Compressor, the time-line will be re-rendered even if is already fully rendered.
If you make a Double Pass MPEG-2, things will be rendered twice, and if you make a Multipass H264, you have 3 renders.
Exporting a high quality self-contained movie is the faster way.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John FishbackRe: Do I have to render timeline when sending timeline to compressor
by on Apr 14, 2010 at 12:55:55 pm

When you export a movie it will render during the export, if needed. And, I'm fairly certain this render is not saved. So, when you go back to your sequence you'll still need to render. I always render before export.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]